At Norville Eye Care we are equipped with the latest in retinal imaging technology, the Optomap.
What is the Optomap?
- The device we use for High Definition retinal imagining is called the Optomap
It takes a digital picture of the back of your eye
Why is a retinal imaging important?
Digital imaging is important because it allows the doctor to:
- Assess the health of your retina
- Verify that the back of the eye is healthy or there are no potential issues
- Verify or rule out any possible signs of:
What is the benefit you (the patient)?
- Digital documentation that your eye is healthy or that there is no potential issue
- A baseline image is created for the doctor to compare year to year that will document any subtle changes during future visits
- The image will stay in your medical file
- You may not be dilated during your exam depending on the results of the image